How to help.
You can help
our community by assisting F.I.S.H. with
a monetary or food donation, volunteering your time
and labor and by spreading the word about F.I.S.H.
"Years ago, I took my young daughter with me
as I delivered food for F.I.S.H. She grumbled a lot then but now she is a
professional social worker. She says those days talking about people in need and
seeing them at their homes actually changed her life--as it helped them."
a F.I.S.H. volunteer driver
|We seek and appreciate
financial support from individuals, companies and foundations. Here's how:
- Make your check payable to F.I.S.H. and send
PO Box 111443
Anchorage, AK 99511
- Make a donation online by clicking the Donate
button in the left panel.
- Designate F.I.S.H. in your employer matching
- Add F.I.S.H. as your United Way designation
- Check F.I.S.H. in the Pick. Click. Give. program of the
Permanent Fund Dividend (PFD) application
- Consider a tribute gift in honor of or memory
of a person.
- Consider F.I.S.H. in your estate planning so
that your generosity and commitment to our community will continue in the
- Participate in a fundraising event
|F.I.S.H. relies on
local food drives for donations and our food purchases to round out
supplies for healthy meals.
You can help by:
- Organizing a special food drive at your school,
church or other organization
- Having a food drive for one specific pantry
food staple throughout the year
- Having a "theme" food drive (i.e. Spam, canned
fruit, Hamburger Helper)
- Having food donations as part of the entrance
fee to an event
is a charitable organization run completely by volunteers referred to us by our
partner organizations. Our volunteers work two to four hours per month. For
every day of food deliveries, F.I.S.H. relies on 4+ volunteers. We are
always looking to fill the following volunteer positions:
- Shoppers Purchase additional food not
received through donations; sort and stock pantry shelves
- Phone callers gather information about family
size, childrens ages and special dietary needs
- Packers pack grocery bags to meet needs of
- Drivers deliver food to those in need
- Re-packagers repackage bulk items into family
- Committees/Event Coordinators participate on
a committee or special event
Contact to find out how you can make a difference by becoming a F.I.S.H.