|In Anchorage, F.I.S.H.
stands for "Fellowship in Serving Humanity." F.I.S.H. is a volunteer group of
Anchorage residents who provide and deliver emergency food to people and
families in need, without bureaucratic hassle, red tape, and means testing. In
short, we're just neighbors helping neighbors.
- F.I.S.H. is the only food pantry in Anchorage
that delivers food directly to homes on a regular basis.
- During 2008 F.I.S.H. delivered 110,070 meals to
12,230 people; 6,629 adults and 5,601 children.
- F.I.S.H. has no paid staff, but 70 community
volunteers answer phones, buy and collect, repackage, and deliver food.
- We are a partner agency of the Food Bank of
Alaska, which helps to supply our pantry.
- F.I.S.H. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit